Documentation suggestions

Paul Rubin http
Tue Dec 6 22:29:27 EST 2005

Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> writes:
> I proposed a documentation sprint for PyCon a couple of years ago, but
> nobody thought it was important enough to work on. It would be a good
> idea next year, too.

IMO this should definitely be done.  That nobody thought docs were
important enough to work on, explains a lot of why the docs have such
problems.  Generating better docs and keeping them up to date needs
more than keystrokes--it needs an attitude change.  So the first thing
to do is decide for real that good docs are important.  Until that's
decided and taken to heart, no amount of piddling around will affect
the problem much.