Using XML w/ Python...

Michael Williams mwilliams at mgreg.com
Sun Dec 11 09:54:15 EST 2005

If you just want to get into it and use it, I'd recommend the following:

	http://uche.ogbuji.net/uche.ogbuji.net/tech/4suite/amara/

It requires the installation of the 4Suite module as well, but it's
well worth it.  I uses data binding techniques to convert your
document into a large tree of named XML Object (for lack of a better
explanation).  You will then be able to output any portion by calling
something like the following:

	document.body.text.xml()

What you call, of course, will depend on the name of each of your
nodes in the document.  Keep in mind as well that currently there are
a couple of issues with "freezing" this into a binary as well.  If
you just plan to let Python interpret it without "compiling" you will
be fine.  Amara is an amazing product.  And being free doesn't hurt.  ;)

Regards,
Michael