Favorite flavor of Linux? (for python or anything else)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Dec 4 13:56:09 EST 2005

In article <mailman.1570.1133714290.18701.python-list at python.org>,
Christoph Haas  <email at christoph-haas.de> wrote:

>The operating system/distribution is not connected to the application
>(Python). It will probably run everywhere. But we recently had this
>topic and a majority seemed to vote for Ubuntu. I personally prefer
>Debian.

Ubuntu *is* Debian, just repackaged.  I used to prefer Debian until
stable wouldn't work with my newest machine because it was two years out
of date (this was *not* a machine with bleeding-edge components).  Of
course, one can use Debian-testing, but that isn't packaged, and I want
a packaged OS.

"Don't listen to schmucks on USENET when making legal decisions.  Hire
yourself a competent schmuck."  --USENET schmuck (aka Robert Kern)