Python -- (just) a successful experiment?

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Tue Aug 9 02:10:22 EDT 2005

EP wrote:

> But sometimes a rugged individual can be even more rugged and more individual if said individual has the support of friends by which to vet ideas and, by absorbing counterpoint, to develop one's own thoughts even further.
>

> And it is kind of nice when you have two teams drilling a mountain tunnel from opposite sides to have an effective way to line up efforts.

EP, maybe you/we should try out the Meta-SIG or short MESIG which did
not passed away because it was never born.

http://www.python.org/sigs/

In the context of MESIG we can discuss the shape of PEEP and create
your taskforce, blowing life into a new heroic genus - fame and
prestige may be with them. Is K serious? Speaking seriously, a few
years ago K read somewhere in the BDFLs memoirs that "fun" was once a
part of Pythons culture originating from our great anchestors namely
the commedians of Monty Python. Becoming sentimental about this and as
a true and proud reactionary K always seemed to be a fundamentalist
somehow. Not an excuse but an explanation.

Kay