ideas for university project ??

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Fri Aug 26 07:05:15 EDT 2005

Jon Hewer enlightened us with:
> Areas of interested include AI, distributed systems.  Most of all i
> want something that is interesting, and actually useful (thats
> probably stating the obvious!)

You could help developing Dynamite (contact Dick van Albada from the
University of Amsterdam for that), perhaps extend it to work with
Python. It's a system to do process migration from node to node in a
really nice way. Once a program is compiled with Dynamite, you can
send it a signal and it'll write it's current state into a new ELF
binary. You can then move that binary to another node in your
distributed system, and execute it as any other executable. The
program will continue to run from where it left off.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa