python image thumbnail generator?

Wouter van Ooijen www.voti.nl wouter at voti.nl
Sun Aug 28 15:43:35 EDT 2005

>I'm thinking it would be nice and easy, if we could just upload a jpg into
>a dir called "gallery/". When the client clicks the "gallery" link, a
>cgi script could search the gallery/ dir, and create thumbnails of any
>jpeg images that don't already have a thumbnail associated with them. The
>script could then generate a page of clickable thumbnails.

I dunno about the scripting aspect, but I use Python to generate my
website, I already had the images (of the products I sell). I used PIL
to generate thumbnails of the images. I think it took 2 or 3 lines of
Python - that is: for me. PIL is of course a bit more.

Wouter van Ooijen

http://www.voti.nl
Webshop for PICs and other electronics
http://www.voti.nl/hvu