yapsnmp port issues

k33rni at gmail.com k33rni at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 10:34:15 EDT 2005

Hello c.l.py,

Does anyone else have experience with that? I'm somewhat stuck.
The problem is basically the same as here:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/mailing.unix.net-snmp-users/browse_thread/thread/92fdea477a2f67ba/48924041d27b748b?tvc=2&q=yapsnmp+port#48924041d27b748b
that is, I can't force a Session object to connect to any other port
than 161.
And, you may have anticipated it, the solution given in the referenced
thread doesn't work, all I get is a socket.gaierror: Name or service
not known.

Any thoughts on that?

I also suspect that I might have messed something during compilation,
because it didn't
go smooth at all. That, hovewer, will probably be irrelevant, since
yapsnmp is just a SWIG-generated wrapper plus some higher-level
interfaces. And everything seems right in the source code...