Adobe COM with Python

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Fri Aug 19 10:36:02 EDT 2005

[Andy W]
| I wanting to print the PDF to a printer which is set to print
| to file,
| so efectively i end up with a ps file.
|
| so 1 pdf becomes 1 ps file

It't not quite clear to me what you *want* to do as opposed
to what actually happens when you try. If I understand, you
have a PDF file, and you *want* to output it as a Postscript
file. (And you want to automate that arrangement).

If that's the case, I can think of two approaches, neither using
COM -- which may be a valid third approach. The first is to use
the possibly deprecated Acrobat Reader command-line switches to
print a file and pass a file name. There's some information here:

http://www.stillhq.com/ctpfaq/2002/03/c45.html#AEN103

and if you want to get hold of an older version of Acrobat,
try oldversion.com

The second is to use ghostscript from

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

to generate a ps file from a pdf file.