Jargons of Info Tech industry

T Beck Tracy.Beck at Infineon.com
Fri Aug 26 10:02:36 EDT 2005

John Bokma wrote:
> "T Beck" <Tracy.Beck at Infineon.com> wrote:
>
> > If we argue that people are evolving the way e-mail is handled, and
> > adding entire new feature sets to something which has been around
> > since the earliest days of the internet, then that's perfectly
> > feasable. HTML itself has grown.  We've also added Javascript and
> > Shockwave.
>
> They are not additions to HTML, like PNG is no addition to HTML, or wav,
> mp3, etc.

[snip]

Wasn't the point... I never said they were.  HTML is at version 4.0(I
think?) now, AND we've added extra layers of stuff you can use
alongside of it.  The internet is a free-flowing evolving place... to
try to protect one little segment like usenet from ever evolving is
just ensuring it's slow death, IMHO.

That's all...

--T Beck