SpamBayes wins PCW Editors Choice Award for anti-spam software.

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Aug 31 21:53:55 EDT 2005

[separately copied to spambayes-dev]

Tony Meyer <t-meyer at ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>> While it may not adequately credit the implementation
>> language,
>
> Was this "it" the PCW article or SpamBayes?  If the latter, please let
> spambayes-dev at python.org know how you think Python should be more
> appropriately credited; we are certainly trying to do this.
>
> (Python is mentioned all over the website, the "Python Powered" logo is
> integrated into what passes for a SpamBayes logo, and all donations to the
> project go to the PSF).

With a little more context:

> While it may not adequately credit the implementation language, a Google
> search for "sourceforge spambayes" results in the first hit being linked
> as """SpamBayes: Bayesian anti-spam classifier written in Python.""".

I was actually referring to the SpamBayes home page at

     http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/

which doesn't contain the word "Python" anywhere in its body text -
though as I did point out, the title of the page *does*. Sorry about the
lack of clarity.

I don't have any problem at all with the site, and I know that SpamBayes
does actually reflect kudos on the Python language in many people's minds.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/