Zope, Python 2.4 pythonScripts import problem

William Heymann kosh at aesaeion.com
Wed Aug 17 07:26:25 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 16 August 2005 07:09 am, krzychu at bmpg.pl wrote:
> I see that Python 2.4.x does not work with Zope-2-7-6 properly. When I
> start zope I get warning that I should recompile my pythonScripts by
> executing manage_addProduct/PythonScripts/recompile. I do it and get
> list of scripts whoose were compiled but when I repeat that action I
> get the same list of scripts. It doesn't compile them -> when I visit
> script by ZMI I still get the following error message "invalid syntax
> (Script (Python), line 1)".
>
> The first script at page
> http://www.zope.org/Members/goppelt/2-4-3Upgrade gives no effect ->
> outcome is "invalid syntax (Script (Python), line 1)" error i scripts.
>
> I'm affraid that I will have to resign with Python 2.4.x :(
> I read that Python 2.4 was complaisant back but I don't think that
> Zope-2-7-6 is???

Please read the docs that come with zope. No version of zope supports python
2.4 right now. For zope 2.7 and zope 2.8 the python version to use is python
2.3.5.

Everytime a new version of python is done a lot of stuff is checked to make
sure it works and minor changes are made. I know it is possible to get
zope2.7 and 2.8 working fine on python 2.4 but that should only be done by
zope developers and not by zope users.