Zope, Python 2.4 pythonScripts import problem

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 13 18:59:20 EDT 2005

Hi,

> I have installed brand new platform - Zope-2-7-6, Python 2.4.1, Plone
> 2.0.5, OS Debian 1:3.3.6-2.

You may then ask in a zope or plone list. This is a python specific
list. But I will answer you any way.

> After import a old Plone site from the following platform
> Zope-2-7-4, Python 2.3.3, Plone 2.0.3 to the new one, I get error when
> I visit PuthonScript in the ZMI.
 > "invalid syntax (Script (Python), line 1)"
 >
 > There 2 are examples of 1 line:
 > from DateTime import DateTime
 > and
 > request = container.REQUEST
 >
 > There is no syntax error!
 >
 > When I just save this script in ZMI then error disappers :)

So, you are exporting the plone site, then importing it? I had once some
problem like that and the solution was to call an script that compiled
all python scripts again. I'm not sure if this solves your problem, but
you may look at the first script here:

http://www.zope.org/Members/goppelt/2-4-3Upgrade

> What is the reason???

As I said, you may ask in a zope or plone list for a better answer. My
best guess is that somewhere there is some old compiled version of your
script.

> p.s I have the same problem when I import to the same platform but with
> Python 2.4.0

I just have to warn you that some persons in the zope list are going to
tell you "Python 2.4 isn't a supported option for zope". So, you may use
it only for testing and not in a production environment.

Regards,
Josef