Jargons of Info Tech industry

Rich Teer rich.teer at rite-group.com
Thu Aug 25 14:47:17 EDT 2005

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, John Bokma wrote:

> Just have a look at some web based message boards, and you might see why it
> would be another disaster on Usenet. Moreoever, why keep people insisting
> on making Usenet "better"? If you want HTML and fancy mark up, start a
> message board. You probably can get even more people.

Right.  I avoid web based forums like the plague.  Why?  Because apart
from the (usually) very low SNR, for me interacting with a browser is
more effort than using my email/news client of 10+ years, pine.

I find that fact that something is technically possible (e.g., HTML
email and Usenet) is not necessarily a good argument for actully
DOING it.

President,
Rite Online Inc.

Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638