Jargons of Info Tech industry

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Thu Aug 25 13:37:41 EDT 2005

Rich Teer <rich.teer at rite-group.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Mike Schilling wrote:
>
>> Another advantage is that evewry internet-enabled computer today
>> already comes with an HTML renderer (AKA browser), so that a message
>> saved to a file can be read very easily.
>
> I think you're missing the point: email and Usenet are, historically
> have been, and should always be, plain text mediums.  If I wanted to
> look at prettily formatted HTML, I'd use a web browser to look at the
> web.

Just have a look at some web based message boards, and you might see why it
would be another disaster on Usenet. Moreoever, why keep people insisting
on making Usenet "better"? If you want HTML and fancy mark up, start a
message board. You probably can get even more people.

--
John                   Small Perl scripts: http://johnbokma.com/perl/
               Perl programmer available:     http://castleamber.com/