The ONLY thing that prevents me from using Python

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 5 10:44:29 EDT 2005

Kevin wrote:
<cut, can't get as many python web hosters as I want>

Well, for some strange reason I have never found that to be a problem.
But that is perhaps because I'm an administrator and I want full root
access, install the OS as I see fit and don't want others on the same
(virtual)box. So hosting doesn't work for me I need colo or dedicated.

Mostly I slap DragonFlyBSD( or NetBSD if the other doesn't run smoothly)
with PostgreSQL, Mod_python/Apache and some other handy tools like
tripwire. The advantage is that I am the administrator, the
dis-advantage is that I am the administrator :-).

Here in the Netherlands I can get 1HE colo for 95EUR/month, a reasonable
price IMO.

You can always rent space at different providers (for fail-over) install
the machines just as your like it and rerent your own shared web
hosting. Then you can have all the goodies you want and still be in the
price range of comparible hosters.

--
mph