Dabo in 30 seconds?

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Mon Aug 1 15:17:41 EDT 2005

On Monday 01 August 2005 15:00, James Stroud wrote:

> Perhaps some of us are writing software with non-developer end-users in
> mind, and we kind of keep that mentality when evaluating modules our code
> uses. Do your end-users really want to figure out that the need to and how
> to install stylized text controls, whatever that is?

 Of course not. I think that the installation routine for wxPython should
automatically include everything, rather than making you specify it
explicitly, but I'm not in charge of how wxPython is distributed.

 Remember, though, that this is only an issue when you build wxPython from
source. Those who aren't inclined to go this route have the option of several
binaries, all of which include everything. So in a way, I *do* expect someone
who has foregone the binary route and chosen the source route to at least
read the build instructions.

--

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com