"Compile time" checking?

Steve Jorgensen nospam at nospam.nospam
Sat Aug 13 01:25:07 EDT 2005

Since Python does not use manifest typing, there's not much you can do about
this, but typeless languages like this are great if you're using a process
that finds the errors the compiler would otherwise find.  I'm referring, of
course, to Test Driven Development (TDD).

If you do TDD, you won't miss compile-time checking much.  In fact, the extra
kruft that manifest typing requires is an annoying burden when doing TDD, so
Python is a breath of fresh air in this regard.