"Compile time" checking?

Qopit russandheather at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 15:44:18 EDT 2005

How embarassing... thanks, jk.  I grabbed a copy of pychecker v0.8.14
directly (not the one in SPE) and it catches it exactly as you showed.
Now I wonder why the SPE one doesn't catch it (and why it is sooo
comparatively slow)!

Now I'm running into another snag when checking some other code I have.
 Pychecker gets hung up on raw_input... it actually executes code
rather than just checking it, it seems.  For example, the snippet below
hangs pychecker::

#---
while 1:
  x = raw_input("meh:")
#---

Curious.

I'm going to look into some of the code checking capabilities (if
present) of Komodo and Wing.  Anyone familiar enough with their ability
to comment?