Sandboxes

D H no at spam
Mon Aug 22 11:34:42 EDT 2005

42 wrote:
> Or is this a hopeless cause?
>
> Finally, either way, would anyone recommend a different script engine
> that might be more suitable for what I'm trying to accomplish that I
> might not have looked at. I don't need much; it needs to work with C#,
> and be able to easily interact with 'published' interface. I'd also like
> to leverage a "popular" language instead of something obscure.

You need a scripting language that is completely implemented in .NET
(i.e. "managed").  Try Boo: http://boo.codehaus.org/
And then from your C# host, use the .NET security API for restricting
what the script is allowed to do.  See the example below, as well as
msdn docs on SecurityPermissionFlag, PermissionSet, SetAppDomainPolicy...
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=264462&whichpage=1&#1620355
And here are docs on using boo as an embedded scripting language:
http://boo.codehaus.org/Boo+as+an+embedded+scripting+language