Considering moving from PowerBuilder to Python

Norm Goertzen norm at normgoertzen.com
Wed Aug 31 21:03:38 EDT 2005

I've posted a previous question about IDEs and got some good feedback,
thanks, but it does seem that everyone has their own favourite IDE -- in
other words, no IDE was repeatedly recommended.

So, is there any data on the popularity of IDEs (most users), or is
there a chart comparing the most popular versions.

I'M NOT AFRAID TO SPEND SOME MONEY TO GET THE RIGHT IDE (but I don't
want to change products once I've chosen).

Also, can I use Sybase's SQL Anywhere with Python?

I'm really only interested in programming for Windows XP.  But I also
really would like to find something very close to Sybase's patented
datawindow technology -- it's a real time-saver.

Finally, is there any (realistic) way to mix PowerBuilder and Python?
For instance write a Python shell that calls PowerBuilder methods (or
vice versa).

Thanks again,
Norm