Question

Beginner/Not Yet Programmer autocrat132000 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 28 19:16:25 EDT 2005

I've never programmed before, so I thought I'd try and learn a bit by
using some Python tutorials.  I started using the tutorial at
http://www.honors.montana.edu/~jjc/easytut/easytut/node3.html.  It
mentioned different forms of Python, specifically Command Line and
IDLE.  Being inexperienced, I'm not sure how to change from Command
Line to IDLE, and I'm not sure which one I'm in when I start up the
program.  In my Python folder, the only applications I have are
python.exe and pythonw.exe.  Pythonw.exe won't run.  So, I run
python.exe, and I'm not sure whether it is IDLE, Command Line, or
neither.  Also, I'm unsure of how to save programs, considering when I
run python.exe, it opens up a window which does not have the little bar
with the "File", "Edit", "View" and "Help" buttons on it.  If you can
help me out at all, thank you.