Jargons of Info Tech industry

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Fri Aug 26 17:33:33 EDT 2005

Rich Teer <rich.teer at rite-group.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, John Bokma wrote:
>
>> people from www to Usenet or vice versa is beyond me. If 80% of the
>> current Usenet users stop posting, Usenet is not going to die :-D
>
> Heh.  Quite the opposite, I reckon: it would get much better (higher
> SNR)!  :-)

:-D. I recently contributed to a thread in which someone was afraid that
Usenet was going to die, because he had the impression there where less
people on it. There are more people on it compared to 20 years ago, when it
was about to die (like every 2 years).

--
John                   Small Perl scripts: http://johnbokma.com/perl/
               Perl programmer available:     http://castleamber.com/