Python -- (just) a successful experiment?

Paul Rubin http
Sun Aug 7 04:52:38 EDT 2005

Robert Kern <rkern at ucsd.edu> writes:
> No it's not wrong to want these things. The problem is that we're not
> lacking in people posting this *same exact complaint* every month or
> so. We *are* lacking in people implementing these things.

Eh?  Nah, we keep getting lame excuses on why those things aren't
needed and users should just supply tenacity and expect to suffer and
they should stop being wimps, and having to locate, download, and
figure out how to use a dozen packages from all over the internet
really isn't more hassle than a one-click install with unified
documentation for everything.

> If you want to see these nice accoutrements, *stop posting here and
> get to work*!

Eh again--says who?  You?  Most of those functions for Python are
already floating around the net.  It's simply a matter in many cases
of deciding to include them in the distro.  The problem is an attitude
that making things too easy for users is un-Pythonic.  If you think
it's just a matter of writing code, you're not on the side you think
you're on.