Parsing a log file

CG cgusenetmail at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 14 10:31:46 EDT 2005

Thanks Andreas,

In your first paragraph, you ask about incorrect input.  I guess it is
possible, but without that information, my collection of the data is
useless, so I really don't know what I would do with that.

As for the other stuff, I can hack the data in other ways, such as with
VBA and MSAccess, which I am more familiar with, but I am trying to
move to Linux and want to do it right the first time.  I figure Perl is
the more common language for this kind of stuff, but I did want to try
to learn some Python while I am at it.  I have started the tutorial,
but being a businessman, time is an issue, which, if I had an example
script that did a similar thing, I can learn by doing that (I am
looking for something similar now).

I do live in a low-labor cost country, so I can hire someone to do it
for a small amount of money, but Python people are a little harder to
find.

Thanks for the comments,
Clint