Gotchas in user-space matplotlib install?

Matt Feinstein nospam at here.com
Tue Aug 9 08:03:10 EDT 2005

Hi all--

I'm planning to try to do a completely local install of matplotlib (in
Fedora Core 1)-- the system administrator isn't going to stop me-- but
he isn't going to cooperate either. I've got the tarballs for python,
numeric, numarray, matplotlib,  ipython, wxpython and freetype-- which
I think covers the various pre-requisites and post-requisites. One
semi-obvious question is where to put the freetype library (the system
version in FC1 is not up to the required level)-- but I can only
wonder what other trouble I'm going to get into. Any advice before I
take the plunge would be appreciated. TIA...

Matt Feinstein

--
There is no virtue in believing something that can be proved to be true.