Dabo in 30 seconds?

Paul Rubin http
Mon Aug 1 15:50:56 EDT 2005

Ed Leafe <ed at leafe.com> writes:
> a lot of the Python standard library modules, many dbapi-compliant modules,
> and, of course, wxPython. If someone mis-installs one of the pre-requisites,
> do you expect Dabo to catch that and present you with a diagnostic message?
> I'm serious here: I want to know what people consider acceptable for a
> software package that relies on other packages.

I seem to be in a minority here but I vote for avoiding such dependencies
as much as possible.  That's the best way to avoid problems in practice.
I'm interested in trying out dabo if it gets tkinter support but life
is too short for me to want to mess with wxpython any more, unless I have
some more compelling reason.