Can I send files through xmlrpc connections?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Aug 22 16:54:59 EDT 2005

"dcrespo" wrote:
> ...If the answer is Yes, can you give me an example either in the
> server side and the client side?
>
> I googled a lot, but I can't find nothing regarding this.

the XML-RPC specification

    http://www.xmlrpc.com/spec

mentions the following data types

    four-byte signed integer
    boolean: 0 (false) or 1 (true)
    string
    double-precision signed floating point number
    date/time
    base64-encoded binary data
    structs
    arrays

file isn't in that list.

however, you can of course read the file into a variable, and send
that variable over the wire (as either a string or a binary data value,
depending on what kind of data you have in your files)

(if the files are large, you might be better off using plain HTTP)

</F>