Can I send files through xmlrpc connections?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Aug 22 19:18:15 EDT 2005

"dcrespo" wrote:

> I'm sorry, I didn't the right question... Of course that I can break
> the file and rewrite it on an xmlrpc protocol for transmition, or send
> a byte each time through the socket lib. I meant is there a program
> already developed that sends and receives files based on xmlrpc calls?

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do, really, but here's a
program to send files based on xmlrpc calls:

    import sys, xmlrpclib
    xmlrpclib.ServerProxy(sys.argv[1]).store(open(sys.argv[2], "rb").read())

to receive files based on xmlrpc calls, see:

    http://www.python.org/doc/2.4/lib/module-SimpleXMLRPCServer.html

</F>