Jargons of Info Tech industry

John W. Kennedy jwkenne at attglobal.net
Fri Aug 26 12:25:50 EDT 2005

CBFalconer wrote:
> Chris Head wrote:
>
> .... snip ...
>
>>Why can't we use the Web for what it was meant for: viewing
>>hypertext pages? Why must we turn it into a wrapper around every
>>application imaginable?
>

> Because the Lord High PoohBah (Bill) has so decreed.  He has
> replaced General bullMoose.

Not particularly his doing. SGI was using a Netscape plugin to
distribute and install operating-system patches when Billionaire
"Intelligent Design" Billy was still denying that TCP/IP had a future.

And there are places for web forums: public feedback pages, for example.
(Add RSS and/or e-mail and/or NNTP feeds for more advanced users.)

--
John W. Kennedy
"The grand art mastered the thudding hammer of Thor