Jargons of Info Tech industry

Gordon Burditt gordon at hammy.burditt.org
Fri Aug 26 12:08:53 EDT 2005

>The only thing I hate is when I am directed to some website that needs
>cookies, but doesn't tell me.  A couple times I did a survey, wasting
>maybe 10 minutes of my life for a good cause, and then there was an
>error. Great!  I guess that page needed cookies, but didn't bother to
>tell me.  Back button didn't work, either, so I just left that website.

Some sites do much worse than that.  If you have cookies off, they
cause an infinite redirect loop.  Sometimes my browser manages to
detect this after a few minutes and shut it off, and sometimes it
doesn't (usually on different sites).  I think I can manually get
out of this with the STOP button, but until I do, it likely causes
a lot of useless load on the web site.

					Gordon L. Burditt