reg email packages work

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Aug 29 16:22:20 EDT 2005

praba kar wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>        I am working in web based email system project.
> Here I try to build email message
> from scratch. I used below code to build email
> message
>
>    msg =  email.MIMEBase('text','html')
>    msg['Return-Path'] = user+'@'+domain
>    msg['Date'] = formatdate(localtime=1)
>    msg['Subject'] =  subject
>    msg['From'] = from_name
>    msg['To'] = to
>    msg['Cc'] = cc
>    msg.set_payload("Body of the email messagge")
>    fh = os.popen('/bin/sendmail  %s'% (eachid),'w')
>    fh.write(msg.as_string())
>    fh.close()
>
> This code will build plain email message properly.
> But after building the message.  If a email user
> download this mail through out look express then
> this email message will display without any alignment.
>  If a user type 3 paragraph message
> outlook express display as a single line.  What
> could be problem?.  Kindly let me know ASAP

It's obvious you aren't using that EXACT code, because it doesn't
formulate a three-paragraph message. So the bit we really need to see is
how you capture and formulate the argument to set_payload().

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/