Jargons of Info Tech industry

Ulrich Hobelmann u.hobelmann at web.de
Fri Aug 26 18:13:44 EDT 2005

John Bokma wrote:
[cookies]
> Delete them after each session automatically, except the ones on the
> exception list.

But why?  I simply don't even take them, except my exception list ;)

Some people have all cookies turned off.

> You are clearly not an average user, so your usage pattern
> probably only messes up the stats they obtain via cookies anyway.
>
> I have long ago given up on manually accepting each and every cookie, and
> trying to guess it's purpose.

Exactly.  That's why I don't do that.  I just block them all, except
some good sites where I want to be auto-logged in.

--
I believe in Karma.  That means I can do bad things to people
all day long and I assume they deserve it.