Converting a perl module to a python module would it be worth it?

Mothra mothra at nowhereatall.com
Thu Apr 14 10:25:26 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I am the current author of the Astro-Sunrise perl module
http://search.cpan.org/~rkhill/Astro-Sunrise-0.91/Sunrise.pm
and was wondering if it would be worth while to convert it to python.
First off, I have never programmed in python. I would like to use
this project to learn python. I was wondering if there was a
"How to program python for perl programmers" Kinda
like what is different between the two, pitfalls for perl programmers
and what not.
Another question is, if I do this where can I put the results?
As far as I know python has no "CPAN".

Thanks in advance.

Mothra