boring the reader to death (wasRe: Lambda: the Ultimate DesignFlaw

Sunnan sunnan at handgranat.org
Sun Apr 3 18:34:24 EDT 2005

Scott David Daniels wrote:
> No, poetry is to be read slowly and carefully, appreciating the nuance
> at every point.  You should be able to read "past" python, while poetry
> is at least as much about the form of the expression as it is about
> what is being expressed.

Right, I agree with these descriptions of python vs "the poetry
languages". I'm not sure whether I'd consider python particularly terse,
though, but I don't know enough about it yet. (I've read a couple of
programs but never started a project of my own in it, mainly because I
love poetry. I can see the appeal of a "prose language", though.)