cross platform printing

Warren Postma wp at tekran.spammenziemichnichtdankeschon.com
Thu Apr 7 09:50:08 EDT 2005

David Isaac wrote:
> OK, I'll assume silence means "no", so new question:
> What is the current best practice for cross platform printing of PostScript
> files from Python?

Well since printing postscript files on most Unix systems (probably
including Mac OSX although I don't really know this for sure) is
trivially easy, why not investigate using cygwin  on Windows and
launching an "lpr" task from your python script that prints the given
postscript file. Implementation time on Unix: 0 minutes, 0 seconds.
Implementation time on Windows; the time it takes make a cygwin batch
file that prints using ghostscript.

Regards,

Warren