goto statement

Diez B. Roggisch deetsNOSPAM at web.de
Thu Apr 21 08:04:51 EDT 2005

> implement. BTW, all modern systems come complete with 'goto' implemented
> in *hardware* - they're called "interrupts".

That's not goto - that is a asynchronous function call - much closer related
to multithreading.

In an interrupt, you can always jump back to the main program using rte
(return from interrupt) - or whatever that is called on the respective
processor.

Of course you _can_ alter all sorts of state, including the stackframe and
the PC when inside an interrupt - thus you can create goto for e.g.
multithreading. But I wouldn't call that builtin-goto...

--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch