Fast plotting?

jdh2358 at gmail.com jdh2358 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 19:14:01 EDT 2005

Are you sure about these numbers?  Most monitors refresh at 70-80Hz, so
unless you have special display hardware, I'm suspicious of these
numbers doubt .  I once had a user post to the matplotlib mailing list
that xplt was refreshing at 1000 Hz.  I think xplt drops plot requests
while requests are in the queue, so many of the loops in his iteration
were simply dropped.  If the plotting library puts draw requests in an
idle event handler, accurate refresh rate numbers can be hard to
quantify.

JDH