Best editor?

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Apr 6 11:35:22 EDT 2005

[Harry George]

> 5. When I do Extreme Programming, the other author(s) tend to be using
> emacs, vim, or nedit. [...]

Speaking of, when everybody uses Emacs, there is a way for Emacs for
allowing many users, each on a different networked machine, all on the
very same buffer, simultaneously.  This sharing has been useful to us in
a number of occasions, and we had scripts for quickly initiating such
collaboration at any time (resolving `xauth' matters, for example).
Note that it requires a lot of confidence between the collaborating
users, as they all have extended powers on the editing session.

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca