App suggestion please: blog / forum software in Python

Kartic removethis.kartic.krishnamurthy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 19:22:04 EDT 2005

The Great 'Stewart Midwinter' uttered these words on 4/26/2005 6:18 PM:
> I'm starting up a new website for a small community of local sports
> enthusiasts.  I want to be able to create pages of information easily
> (i.e. a content management system), but also allow for discussion on
> multiple topics (i.e. a forum). Numerous people should be able to log
> in and create or update content, under the guidance of an admin
> naturally.
>
> Call me perverse, but I don't want to use phpBB for the forum.  I'm
> not seeing anything available in Python though - except for Karrigell.
> is that the only option, or am I missing something?

Dear Stewart,

http://snakelets.sourceforge.net/frog/index.html - "Frog - a Python Web
Logging tool".

I have no experience with Snakelets or CherryPy. Apparently you can run
Snakelets behind your existing webserver, so integrating it should be
rather straight forward. You can probably proxy requests to the blog
piece to the Snakelets process, while the rest of your site is served by
CherryPY.

Googling "Python Web Logging Application" brought up
http://www.kryogenix.org/code/vellum/ as well.

Thanks,
-Kartic