App suggestion please: blog / forum software in Python

Stewart Midwinter stewart.midwinter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 18:18:21 EDT 2005

I'm starting up a new website for a small community of local sports
enthusiasts.  I want to be able to create pages of information easily
(i.e. a content management system), but also allow for discussion on
multiple topics (i.e. a forum). Numerous people should be able to log
in and create or update content, under the guidance of an admin
naturally.

Call me perverse, but I don't want to use phpBB for the forum.  I'm
not seeing anything available in Python though - except for Karrigell.
is that the only option, or am I missing something?

For the blog / CMS portion, I'm looking for something lightweight,
i.e. not Plone or Zope. I've looked at them before and they're total
overkill outside of an enterprise.Have any other suggestions?

I'm using CherryPy for a web application I'm building; it occurs to me
it could be used to build a discussion forum, but maybe someone's
already done that?

I currently use mySQL with CherryPy, but I'll add another db if necessary.

cheers,
--
Stewart Midwinter
stewart at midwinter.ca