text analysis in python

Maurice LING mauriceling at acm.org
Sun Apr 3 18:03:07 EDT 2005

Mark Winrock wrote:

> You might try http://web.media.mit.edu/~hugo/montylingua/
>
> "Liu, Hugo (2004). MontyLingua: An end-to-end natural
> language processor with common sense. Available
> at: web.media.mit.edu/~hugo/montylingua."

Thanks Mark. I've downloaded MontyLingua and it looks pretty cool. To
me, it seems like pretty much geared to people like myself who needs
something to process written text but do not need the hardcore bolts and
nuts of a computational linguistist. NLTK is more of the bolts and nuts
toolkit. GATE still seems more advanced than MontyLingua but to a
different end.

Is there anyone in this forum that is using or had used MontyLingua and
is happy to comment more on it? I'm happy to get more opinions.

Thanks and cheers
Maurice