threading.Event file descriptor

elbertlev at gmail.com elbertlev at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 19:05:14 EDT 2005

//And there's no handle at all?

There is one (check thread_nt.h) you have to "propagate" HANDLE to
Pythom level. That's why, you have to change the interpreter. Do not
forget, that thread is a build-in module.

//I wouldn't want to derive from Event since my goal would be to submit
patch to make subprocess.Popen.wait take an optional threading.Event to
kill the process.

And that's it? Right now aquire_lock is non-interruptable, as a result
your Popen.wait is also non-interruptable, but if you pass derived
event you will be able to handle more generic cases.