interactive web graphics

Eckhoff, Michael A EckhoffM at NAVO.NAVY.MIL
Wed Apr 27 16:56:00 EDT 2005

Hello,

I failed to locate a list for pygtk, so I thought I'd
ask my question here. Is it possible to write CGI
scripts that bring up a GUI (as in GTK+, QT, Tk, ...)
or an openGL display that is windowed inside a web
browser?

The answer would seem to me to be no, since the
client could be Windows or Linux. I'd like to
display some pretty graphics (scientific visualisation),
but web applications are not my background.

I would like a form with progress bars, but I guess
that would have to be implemented in some special way.
Sorry if these questions are ill-posed; I am just
getting my feet wet with python.

Thanks,
Michael E

PS Congratulations for having such wonderful documentation
on all things python.