Best editor?

Joey C. joeyjwc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 18:40:43 EDT 2005

When I'm using Windows, I have found the Syn TextEditor
(http://syn.sourceforge.net) to be quite useful.  It has basic syntax
highlighting, about enough for me and is quite compatible with FTP and
such.  It supports Python pretty well.  Its user interface is quite
easy yet pretty powerful.  All in all, this is a very good editor, good
enough that I probably won't go looking for another one any time soon.

On Linux however (which I haven't used in quite some time, sadly), I
usually use vim more than emacs.  To tell you the truth, I haven't
really used emacs that much at all, only for a short time.  I keep
meaning to actually try it out and get used to it, but I always find
that if I need to edit a file quickly, I just go to vim.  Then again, I
don't write much Python code in Linux anyways.  Even so, I intend to
try emacs out soon.