database in python ?

elbertlev at hotmail.com elbertlev at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 08:52:20 EDT 2005

aji... at gmail.com wrote:
> I need to build table which need searching data which needs more
> power then dictionary or list in python, can anyone help me what
> kind of database suitable for python light and easy to learn. Is
> mySQL a nice start with python ?

It depends... mySQL is fine for more or less data centric applications
with many tables.

When I need SQL search power, but the number of tables/records is small
enough  gadfly is the best bet. Contact database, CD catalog, extended
configuration data are proper examples. In such cases, gadfly is by far
faster, then "normal" relational databases.