Komodo syntax checking for python2.4

George Sakkis gsakkis at rutgers.edu
Tue Apr 26 14:35:10 EDT 2005

I downloaded the latest Komodo (3.1) and configured it for python 2.4
so that it doesn't show decorators and genexps as syntax errors, but
background syntax checking doesn't seem to work at all for python 2.4.
Even for correct files, it shows a "Syntax checking error: Error
checking syntax: retval = 128, stderr=" alert. For python 2.3 it works
fine (modulo the new 2.4 syntax of course). Both 2.3 and 2.4 are built
from source on Cygwin, not ActiveState's binaries, so it might have to
do with this, but I'm unwilling to install yet another python
distribution. Does anyone have the same problem with background syntax
checking on 2.4 ? Thanks,

George