filename used by shelve

Nemesis nemesis at nowhere.invalid
Sun Apr 24 14:06:15 EDT 2005

In the python docs about shelve module I read:

 open( filename[,flag='c'[,protocol=None[,writeback=False[,binary=None]]]])
    Open a persistent dictionary. The filename specified is the base filename
    for the underlying database. As a side-effect, an extension may be
    added to the filename and more than one file may be created.

So the real filename may be different from the argument passed to
"open". I have this problem, I want to delete (in some circustances) the
file created by shelve.open, how can I know which is the name of this
file (or files) ?

--
I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing.

 |\ |       |HomePage   : http://nem01.altervista.org