interactive web graphics

Diez B. Roggisch deetsNOSPAM at web.de
Fri Apr 29 07:42:17 EDT 2005

> In case anyone is interested...
> The initial plan was to use a GTK+ GUI
> to monitor these models and the GIMP
> library to create an indexed image from
> the pressure field, overlayed with vectors
> depicting winds (or currents, for the ocean).
> Think I'll take another look at pygtk.

Take qt if you can - the upcoming version qt4 will be GPLed for windows
(which means better binary support for windows), but recently the qt3 x11
free edition got adapted to windows. I use that myself, and have to say
that I'm pretty impressed - apart from some real minor glitches (e.g. the
date entry widget shows some highlighting problems) things work smooth. And
qt is a fantastic toolkit. And very well worth the money you have to buy it
- the time and effort saved using a well-designed orthogonal toolkit will
make the cost amortise pretty quick. Especially when used in conjunction
with PyQt.

--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch