Working with method-wrapper objects

Peer Dr. Griebel peer.griebel at web.de
Mon Apr 18 10:46:28 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm currently working on a Python Management Console.
During inspection of my objects I stumbled over method-wrapper objects.
Such an object may be obtained e.g. as

    method_wrapper = [].__str__

My problem is: This object is not a method, not a function, not a
method descriptor. And it is not a routine according to inspect.py.

So how do I work with it?  I would like to be able to detect it.  And
I would like to be able to issue a inspect.getargspec() on it.

As we are at it: I have a similar problem with
builtin_function_or_method's.  These objects can't be inspected by
getargspec().  So is there some way to determine the argspec in some way?

Thanks
  Peer