interactive web graphics

Eckhoff, Michael A EckhoffM at NAVO.NAVY.MIL
Thu Apr 28 15:48:37 EDT 2005

Thanks Larry and Diez. I figured that doing
'GUIs over the web' would probably not work.

Where I work, we have a bunch of numerical
weather-prediction-type models that take
several hours to run. By having a cron job
copy over the output, I think I can still
implement a type of progress bar using an
update button, and show some png images as
well. Animations would be nice, but I have
not reached that point yet.

In case anyone is interested...
The initial plan was to use a GTK+ GUI
to monitor these models and the GIMP
library to create an indexed image from
the pressure field, overlayed with vectors
depicting winds (or currents, for the ocean).
Think I'll take another look at pygtk.

Mike E